- starts Sunday, November 11th, 2018 (after 4 PM); and
- ends Sunday, December 2nd, 2018
The Late Elsie Kaye’s good deeds live on. The Combined Christian Churches of Northbridge wish to carry on Elsie Kaye’s wonderful tradition of collecting and distributing new and pre-loved toys to needy children, in less privileged areas, at Christmas time.
The Joy through Toys initiative will also present a useful way to dispose of toys your children no longer need or use. It can be a very satisfying activity for children to clean and prepare their used toys to donate to someone else who will be delighted to receive a gift at Christmas. New or used toys and games are welcome!
Please note that used toys are welcome BUT:
- please ensure toys are complete and unbroken and in good condition – we have no facility to repair broken toys.
- please wipe hard surfaces clean with disinfectant and soft toys should be washed and dried before leaving for collection.
- as a general guide, please don’t leave toys you would not like your own children to play with.
- battery power toys need new batteries and tested as working
- we are NOT accepting large items such as bikes, outdoor play equipment, swing sets, etc. Contact us to check. (If you have a surplus adult mountain bike, please donate through http://bicyclesforchange.com/ who have planned collection days at North Sydney (Nov.25th) and St Ives.)
Toys can be left on the porch of St Marks Hall, Malacoota Rd, Northbridge. There will be a large box on the porch with a sign.
Collection ends on Sunday December 2, 2018.
You can give joy to the less fortunate child this Christmas through your toy donation!
The story of Elsie Kaye can be found on Page 10 of the September 2014 issue of The 202
For further information please contact Grant Sheldon or visit the following website http://www.carolsatnorthbridge.com.au/joythroughtoys/.
Thank you for your support.