Situated on the northern approach to the Suspension Bridge stands a tall square fluted sandstone column surmounted by a four sided clock.
Since 2012, the NPA has sought support for the cleaning of the Clock Tower stonework in the belief that it is well past the time that the unsightly, blackened sandstone was restored to its original condition akin to that of the neighbouring Suspension Bridge towers.
The Clock Tower is a prominent, integral part of the entry to Northbridge and to Willoughby City and deserves care and attention.
Inscribed on a plaque at its base are the words …
In memory of those who paid the supreme sacrifice World War 1939 – 1945
Erected by the Northbridge Comforts Fund
Unveiled by his Excellency The Govenor of New South Wales
Lieut-General J Northcott C.B., M.V.O.
on 8th May, 1948