New South Wales State Election – March 28th 2015.
On March 28, 2015, electors will be required to vote for the 56th NSW Parliament.
The Federation of Willoughby Progress Associations will be hosting a “Meet the Candidates” Meeting for all residents, at the Dougherty Community Centre in Chatswood on March 19th, starting at 7:00pm.
(note: The Federation of Willoughby Progress Association comprises nine Progress Associations covering the entire Willoughby Council area)
The Candidates standing for election are:
- Gladys Berejiklian MP (Liberal)
- Peter Cavanagh (Labor)
- Edward Re (Australian Cyclists Party)
- Alison Haines (Greens)
- Melody Ho (Christian Democrats / Fred Nile Party)
- Aldo Di Santo (No Land Tax)
This is your opportunity to meet those candidates who are standing as your State Parliamentary representatives and hear them speak about their vision for the Willoughby electorate and have them address your issues and answer your questions.
Each Candidate will be allocated six (6) minutes to speak, followed by a question/ answer session – where the voting public can have their issues / questions answered by candidates. A two-minute summation by each candidate will then follow the Q&A session.
Agenda for the evening will be as follows:
- members of the public will be asked to lodge written questions of candidates – between 7:00 PM – 7:30 PM
- Welcome and introduction of candidates from the Chair
- Selection of speaking order of candidates will be undertaken by the FWPA Secretary
- Opening address by each candidate – maximum of 6 minutes each
- Questions will be drawn and addressed to the candidates. Each candidate will be permitted 2 minutes to answer the question.
- Closing address by each of the candidates – maximum of 2 minutes each.
We hope to see you at our meeting and would be grateful if you could notify anyone else whom you think may be interested to attend.
Information about how, when, where and who you can vote for can be found at VoteNSW.info website
Voting is compulsory and, for voters residing within Northbridge, may be completed at the Northbridge Primary School and the Baptist Pre-school between 8am and 6pm.